Wednesday 30 January 2013

My pooch!

This is my collie cross, Tiffany!

She's about five now (I can never remember her exact age), and I love her so much! I rescued her from a dog shelter when she was just 6 weeks old (so they said, I believe she was younger.) and not in very good condition. Her poor little tummy was completely swollen with worms, and her legs were like match sticks. From what I could see, she was the runt of the litter and wasn't getting much food or water because the stronger pups were pushing her away. Luckily, she thrived once I brought her home, and has turned out to be a fine healthy dog. I couldn't imagine not having Tiffany, I believe we found each other as I wasn't even planning on getting a dog that day, but the instant I saw her I knew she was mine!


When I was pregnant and overdue I got stuck lying down on the couch one day, and Tiffany somehow managed to help me get up again, I would have been waiting hours for Adam to come home and save me had she not done that! My hero! When I was in labour she kept running up the stairs to try and get closer to me. She's extremely intuitive, and loyal as can be, I alway feel safe with Tiffany around.

I'm happy to say that Tiffany has accepted Dean into our family, and she behaves so gently towards him. Especially now that Dean is so mobile, he often climbs on her and gives her hugs, pulls her tail and all sorts, and she either leaves him to it, or moves away. They will be like best friends in a few years time, I can't wait to see them bond as Dean gets older.


We would love a new pup, but Tiffany needs some training first, she is not very tolerant of puppies, and strange dogs or humans, so we need to work on that. We would love a baby pit bull or mastif  or something along them lines, keep a watch out for adorable puppy pics in the future (i hope!)!





No comments:

Post a Comment