Saturday 26 January 2013

Cloth nappies

I've just ordered about 15 cloth nappies from Alvababy and I'm so excited to receive them! Excited but apprehensive because the website never confirmed my order, yet the payment went through.. Eeek! Please please please let my order have gone through!

But moving on from Alva baby's less than professional website, I ordered some fab colours and patterns, deans little tush is going to look deadly in them! I've read a lot of good reviews about these cheap reusable nappies so hopefully they will work out well, and I won't regret making the change!

Any one else using cloth nappies? Which are your faves? What are the best things about using cloth nappies and the worst? What made you choose them over disposables?

For me the impact that disposables have on our enviornment was the main deciding factor in making the switch. I have been using disposable for over a year now, and each nappy I throw in the bin gives me a little pang of guilt, it's horrifying to think of just how long disposables take to decompose. I also don't like the idea of all of the nasty chemicals that are used to make disposables being against my babies bum 24/7, I don't even use bubble bath on the kid for similar reasons (he still smells delicious don't worry!) so sticking with disposables seems hypocritical to me.

I'm lucky that I know a few people who are using cloth, and I've been driving them demented asking every question imaginable the past few days, but there is a lot to think about; storing, washing, what to do with soiled nappies while out and about, and even the massive range of all sorts of nappies can be daunting. But so far there has been a practical answer to everything I was concerned about, so I'm raring to go now, I just have to wait for my order to arrive.

My main aim was to keep it cheap and cheerfull, but I can see how any one could go crazy spending money on these adorable nappies, there is no shortage of colours patterns and styles to choose from. Some of my favourites that I've ordered are a funky cow print, camouflage (G.I Joe!) and the plain old solid colours (cherry red, brown and lime green), I can't wait to see them in real life!


My favorite!

Followed closely by this bad boy!

I've been busy researching all things cloth nappy related, but the proof will be in the pudding when i receive and start to use them, wish me luck! I'll be regularly updating our progress too, so keep reading if your interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment