Thursday 31 January 2013

Baby steps

My tiny baby has suddenly become a walking, screeching, climbing, snot smearing little boy! He has taken a huge stretch recently, but it's more than that, it's his mind. He seems to have made a gigantic leap in his development, he understands almost everything you say to him (within reason of course!), he remembers how we do things, he tries to sneak away from me to explore by himself, he chuckles and squeals with laughter, he copies everything he sees us doing (including sweeping the floor, I'm definitely going to keep encouraging this!) and he gives the sweetest hugs and kisses ever!

I love this stage of Deans childhood, it's like he has just discovered there is a whole world aside from Mama, Dada and Baba. I feel like we get so much more back from him now, even if sometimes what your getting back is a handful of snot rubbed in your face by a hysterically laughing little monkey (yes, that happened today, lovely!). He calls my name, and chooses between me and Adam depending on his mood, laughs when we laugh, opens doors, climbs stairs (climbs everything!) throws the ball for Tiffany (our dog), dances and claps and "sings" to music and so so much more that I hope I'll remember every detail of. It's all so active, so exciting, and so liberating for Dean! He loves his new independence, when he walks his face lights up with pride, I love it! I can see the determination in his eyes, I only hope this never dulls.

Aside from his energetic fun loving side, my boy has such a gentle side too. He can be loving, tender and sweet, when he decides to be that is. He gives us countless hugs a day, cries when either of us leave, and hugs and kisses all of his teddies and even Tiffany too. Recently at a baby photo shoot that Dean participated in, the whole room full of adults bust into laughter and cooing when he decided to give two separate baby girls a big hug for the camera. He's either unbelievably sweet, or he is learning to charm the ladies already, you decide!

Theres something so heart melting about your boy putting his arms out, and knowing that you are the only one he wants. I know overtime he will do this less and less, so I enjoy every snuggle now, while looking forward to seeing my toddler becoming a big boy, then a teenager and eventually (I can hardly imagine it!) a man. I can't imagine his smooth soft little arms being strong and hairy, or his sweet little face being stubbly. It's hard to imagine we were all so small and innocent once, and our parents all wondered at what kind of adults we would become, how we would look, what we would sound like... I can't wait to see every stage pass us by, what a beautiful thing to watch the tiny newborn baby we created grow and change, our lives are charmed now, all because of Dean.

Seeing Dean taking baby steps is the funniest and cutest thing I've ever seen! I can't wait to see what he gets up to now when he really masters walking, things are about to get a lot messier here! So much fun seeing him grow and learn, let's see what the next stage will bring...




No comments:

Post a Comment