Thursday 31 January 2013

Baby got a ghetto booty!

Well my first batch of cloth nappies arrived today! I couldn't resist putting one on Dean straight away, he's got a big chunky bum now, it's adorable!

This lot of nappies are made by "Babyland", they are in the same price bracket as the "Alvababies" (I had to re-order from them, my fault not theirs, so fingers crossed they will arrive soon too.), so I ordered a set of ten and they have arrived within about two days. I knew that there was a possibility of getting any assortment of colours, so although pink and purple wouldn't have been my choice for Dean, I'm prepared to overlook that, in favour of quality and value for money. Plus I love the rest of the colours, so I'm pretty delighted with the whole set.

Minus one nappy!

To the eye, they look great, good quality and they feel incredibly soft too, so far so good. I've only had this one on Dean for an hour or so, so it's hard to say if they are effective, but I'm feeling positive. You are supposed to wash and dry them a few times first to increase the absorbency of the nappy, but as I said, I couldn't resist! I will expect them to be a little less absorbent until I wash them a few times.


I also purchased 20 fleece liners by "tots bots" to add to the nappies to help absorb a little more, these are beautifully soft too, so I'm delighted with these too so far.

I was so eager to get started, when the box arrived today I was like a child at Christmas! Great fun, of course Dean got more enjoyment out of the boxes ( happy mama, a few minutes of peace!) which was   enjoyable too. Who doesn't want to see a baby dancing to the radio,while standing inside a box surrounded by cloth nappies and packaging?!

As for the ghetto booty, I'm slightly jealous! I could do with a bit of perky padding around my derrière!

It will take a while to really know how these nappies really work for us, but I thought I would update our progress anyway and announce that we have began! There's no going back now! Wish us luck!

***Edited to add:

I put the first "Babyland" nappy on Dean just before he went for a nap at two, and by six o clock the insert was quite wet (to be expected) but the liner which is actually against his skin remained perfectly dry, and we had no leaks what so ever. I'm very happy with that result, especially considering that I didn't pre-wash the nappy to begin with. Good results so far, well see what tonight and tomorrow bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment