Saturday 16 March 2013

Learning

Dean has started to get a grasp on some words, and has reach a whole new level of understanding of language. He understands everything you say to him, and he is making efforts to copy some words we say. "This", "yeah" and "dog" are his favourites at the moment, and he's attempting to say a few more as well. He listens so attentively (when he wants to!), and loves being told how to do things and trying it out.


Today, when we came in from the back garden Dean took his shoes off, and put them in the utility room beside my shoes - all with only a little bit of help! He is using a (small) fork to eat things like spaghetti now, and has pretty much mastered using it. He gives sequences of signs to explain what he wants, and makes enough noise about it to make you notice!




It really is great to get so much more back from this little person. He has a very distinct personality now, and he's so determind to show us exactly what he is thinking, it's so funny seeing him patch things together and discover new things. It's also helpful in a practical way, at bed time for example it's much easier to comfort Dean with words now, instead of feeding or rocking etc. .

I'm having so much fun looking after Dean at the moment. Our days are busy, he is very active and needs to be kept occupied, but it's all just great fun. He enjoys helping me stir things when cooking, or setting the fire (scrunching up newspaper!) or dusting the furniture (hilarious!) and everything he sees any of us do, he copies in an instant!



I hope I don't sound as if I'm gushing here! I'm not, I'm just attempting to capture times in our life, and document Deans growth as much as I can. I'm afraid that one day these memories won't be quite as vivid, and I will wish I had something to help transport me back to this!

What are the moments you never want to forget?

2 comments:

  1. How many months is Dean again, I am looking forward to when I can comfort my lo with words? Robert is 13 and a half and has been saying 'that' and 'daddy' with some meaning for a while now but just started with 'star' 'choo-choo' and 'na-na'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is15 months saffron, it was almost over night that he just grasped a huge understanding of what we are saying! It makes things a lot easier, when he wants to listen that is!

    ReplyDelete